No headline provided

No headline provided

As summer approaches, students everywhere are facing theprospect of multiple final exams. While this may seem daunting taskfor some, a few simple study tips can make this process lesspainful. Studying with a goal in mind is the best way to findsuccess, so be sure that you and your child are equipped with theright tools to get the job done.

Following the eight simple steps outlined here can make this andfuture exam seasons run more smoothly.

1. Don’t let a semester’s worth of information overwhelm you.Trying to learn an entire book at once is enough to send even thebest student over the edge, so break up your work in sections. Giveyourself enough time to review each topic separately, then again asa whole.

2. Type your notes, or conversely, write them down. If you usemobile Internet such as Clear 4G wireless Internet totake notes during class, it may be helpful to rewrite them again inyour own hand. On the flip side, consider typing your notes ifyou’ve handwritten them all semester. This technique allows you toreview all of your information again, and works well for tactilelearners.

3. Make a study schedule and stick to it. Much more effectivethan “cramming,” following a prescribed study schedule can help youstay on task and feel less stressed. It also allows you to bettermanage your time.

4. Utilize outside resources, such as the Internetor a library. The book(s) assigned specifically for your class arenot the only sources of information available, so if you’re havingtrouble with a hard concept or idea, look it up elsewhere.Different wording may give you a clearer understanding of thematerial.

5. Plan your studying around the time of day you’re most alert.Are you a morning person or do you find that you’re sharpest atnight? Arrange your study schedule so that you work when you’re atyour best to avoid wasted hours.

6. Set up an appointment with an outside tutor. Companies likeSylvan LearningCenters have specialized tutors available that can help yougrasp a particularly tough concept or better understand a subject.Contact local centers in your area for rates and hours.

7. Take notes on your notes. This means, in effect, furthercondensing your study material into more useable, applicable bulletpoints or sentences. A form of review, studying this way will leaveyou with a more efficient set of notes to learn from.

8. Put careful thought into where you’ll study. Make sure you’llnot only be free from distractions like other people or music, andequip yourself with the tools you need to study effectively. If youneed Internet, set yourself up with a reliable high-speed Internetconnection before you start studying to avoid interruptions duringyour learning process.

Just as important as studying diligently is studyingeffectively. Finding ways to make your study habits more efficientis one of the easiest steps you can take to become an overallbetter student. There will be no reason to dread final exams onceyou’ve got the tools at your disposal to be a better learner.

Courtesy of ARAcontent