Weekend crime report: Feb. 17 – 19

boot

The following crimes were reported to Tulane University Police Department between Friday and Sunday.

Off-campus accident with injury:

A TUPD officer was advised by the Student Health Center during a building check that a student was struck by a vehicle off campus at 10:45 a.m. Friday.

The officer spoke with the student who said that she was walking on the 7200 block of St. Charles Avenue when she was hit by an SUV. The student was treated for neck pain and a sore right ankle.

Officers notified the Student Affairs Professional On-Call of the incident.

Unlawful entry and criminal mischief:

A TUPD officer responded to a report of an unlawful entry and criminal mischief at 10:03 p.m. Friday in Butler Hall.

After arriving on scene, the officer took a report and spoke with the reporting student. The student said she left her room at 6:30 p.m. and returned at 10 p.m. to discover that someone had entered her room through an unlocked door and tampered with her personal belongings. The student did not believe anything was stolen.

The officer notified the Criminal Investigative Department detective on-call of the incident.

Off-campus burglary:

TUPD officers assisted New Orleans Police Department officers with a residential burglary involving a student’s home at 2:36 p.m. Saturday on  the 2300 block of Calhoun St.

The responding TUPD officer met with the student who said that she entered her off-campus home and saw an unknown man inside the house. The unknown man fled from her home upon her return.

Officers canvassed the area but were unable to locate any suspects.

Theft:

A student went to the TUPD Uptown office at 5:32 p.m. Sunday to report a theft that occurred at the Lavin-Bernick Center for University Life.

The student said that her debit card was stolen out of her backpack while she was working at the LBC the previous day.

Officers identified and located a suspect. TUPD officers issued the suspect a summons for theft.