Party app Wigo begins tournament to find nation’s top party school

David Preda, Online Arcade Editor

Though the day may never come when Tulane is seeded one in an official March Madness bracket, the school’s partygoers can rejoice in their accomplishment of getting Tulane the number one seed in its division of “Wigo Madness 2015.”

Created exclusively for college students by college-dropout Ben Kaplan, Wigo (an acronym for “who’s going out”) is a social networking app designed to bring users together to the best parties, pre-games and bars. Similar to a glorified Facebook event system, Wigo allows users to host and invite people to events while attendees can publish their photos to the event page to hopefully draw more people to a party.

After a recent investment by the founders of Tinder, Wigo has not only instituted a payment system for the most attended events on their app, but also created “Wigo Madness 2015” a tournament-style competition that pits university against university for the sake of discovering the nation’s top party school (at least of the schools that already allow Wigo). The first round of events starts today and the winning school “will receive an epic all-inclusive Wigo-hosted blowout party.”

Tulane’s first competitor is University of Massachusetts Lowell who are seeded 16 in the division.