Ten with 10: Men’s hoops by the numbers

Junior guard Louis Dabney runs into the lane in the 55-57 loss to Memphis in the Smoothie King Center Saturday. Dabney leads the team with 13.9 points per game while shooting 42 percent from three-point range. 

Matt Coleman, Staff Reporter

With 10 games left in the men’s basketball regular season, here are 10 statistics about the Green Wave squad.

1. In its 20 games this season, the Wave have had seven different players who have led the team in scoring as well as seven different players with a game-high in rebounds. Junior Louis Dabney has seven games as the leading scorer while senior Tre Drye has six games as the top rebounder.
  2. Tulane is 9-4 in games decided by 10 or less points.
  3. The Wave are No. 10 out of 11 teams in the American Athletic Conference in both blocked shots and assists per game with 2.4 and 11.4, respectively.
  4. Dabney’s accuracy from 3-point range has skyrocketed this season up to 42 percent after sinking 28 percent of his shots from beyond the arc last year. He ranks No. 4 in the conference this season in 3-point percentage.
  5. The team’s three leading scorers for the past two seasons have been Dabney, sophomore guard Jonathan Stark and senior guard Jay Hook. All three are scoring less points than a season ago, combining for 37.6 points compared to last year’s 43.6 points per game. However, overall scoring production has gone up, as the team scores 68.6 points per contest compared to 63.6 in the 2013-2014 season.
  6. Only two teams in the AAC score more points per game than Tulane.
  7. Conversely, only two teams in the conference allow opponents to shoot at a higher percentage than the Wave.
  8. Eight players average 3 or more rebounds per game for the team, led by Drye with 5.1. While Tulane has many contributors on the boards, it ranks No. 6 in the conference in the category.
  9. With the exception of Southern Methodist, every team that has beaten Tulane lost at least its next two games, including a four-game skid by the Washington Huskies and a three-game losing streak by St. Johns, both of which were ranked in the Top 25 prior to playing the Wave.

10. Teams have a combined 4-15 in their next game after playing Tulane.