Ten Points: Tulane vs. Temple

Tanner Lee throws the ball in a 34-6 loss at East Carolina Nov. 22 in Greenville, NC. Lee has thrown for 1,853 yards with a 55.8 percent completion rate along with 12 touchdowns and 14 interceptions this season. 

Matt Coleman, Staff Reporter

1. Temple has lost three in a row and five of its last six games. Its last win, however, was on Nov. 1 against East Carolina, the team to which Tulane most recently lost.

2. During the skid, Owls quarterback P.J. Walker has thrown for 1 touchdown. Walker has not accounted for more multiple touchdowns in a game since Temple’s 35-24 win over Tulsa on Oct. 11.

3. All three of the Green Wave’s wins have followed two straight losses. The Wave comes into this week’s season finale with back-to-back losses.

4. Over its three-game losing skid, opponents have outscored Temple 60-32. Meanwhile, opponents have outscored Tulane 72-13 in the last two games.

5. The Owls have not scored more than 20 points in a game since it put up 35 points against Tulsa. The Wave has reached the 20-point mark 4 times in 11 games.

6. The Owls average 15.2 first downs per contest, which is second worst in the American Athletic Conference behind winless Southern Methodist. Tulane is No. 7 in the AAC in the category.

7. Temple is dead last in the country in converting on third down, capitalizing on 24.8 percent of its chances.

8. Tulane is tied for No. 12 in the nation in turnovers forced while Temple’s 29 turnovers is tied for No. 6 in the FBS.

9. Three of the top 10 players in the conference in forced fumbles belong to the Owls, including junior Praise Martin-Oguike, who is tied for the top spot with 5.

10. Sophomore Jahad Thomas leads Temple in rushing yards with 384. Tulane has three players with over 400 yards on the ground this year. Running backs Sherman Badie, Lazedrick Thompson and Dontrell Hilliard have rushed for 659, 470 and 409 yards, respectively.

Prediction: 21-16 Tulane