“It’s okay to be white” signs found on campus this morning

Signs were found this morning in residence halls, academic buildings, and on the homecoming windows for multicultural organizations.

Students found signs reading “It’s okay to be white” posted throughout campus this morning. The signs were posted in residence halls, academic buildings, bulletin spaces and on multicultural organizations’ homecoming windows at the Lavin-Bernick Center for University Life. Several signs have been removed.

The signs do not carry the authorization stamp required to hang posters in residence halls. The LBC has been notified of the signs and has been removing them.

“We received notification this morning about three “it’s Okay to Be White” signs taped to the front windows of the LBC,” LBC Director Heather Seaman said. ” Upon notification, they were immediately taken down as they violated our signage policies for the LBC.  This is our standard practice for any signs that are posted on the building without approval.  Since then, we were informed that there were additional signs posted in other campus locations.  We are coordinating and sharing information with other campus partners at this time.”

Tulane offices and administrators remain unclear about who is behind the signage. According to Mike Strecker, executive director for Tulane public relations, President Mike Fitts’ office is currently reviewing available video surveillance footage to determine the responsible parties.

“We believe these signs were posted at Tulane as part of a national campaign” Strecker said. “To state the obvious, it is “okay” to be any race.We have no idea who posted the signs, but that person is obviously not speaking for Tulane University. Tulane is firmly committed to diversity and to supporting every member of our community.”

This story is developing and will be updated as more information is made available. For additional coverage, click here and follow @hullnewsTU on Twitter.

101 Comments

101 Responses to ““It’s okay to be white” signs found on campus this morning”

1. Concernedcitizen on November 1st, 2017 10:53 am

Wow, this racism has me seething. How can these bigots think they can get away with this pro-white message?

2. God on November 1st, 2017 3:52 pm

Are you fucking gay

3. Jim Dandy on November 1st, 2017 6:55 pm

Cool it with the homophobia fam

4. Rusty Shackelford on November 3rd, 2017 12:13 pm

Do you think it is not okay to be white?

5. unhappy merchant on November 1st, 2017 10:55 am

DON’T THESE RASIST HWITE SUPREMASIST TROLLS REALIZE THAT OVER 9000 GORILLION DIED!!!! ITS A SHAME TO LIVE IN A SOCIETY IN WHICH PEOPLE SAY ITS OKAY TO BE A HWITE CIS MALE!

6. Schlomo on November 1st, 2017 10:58 am

Oy vey! I am kveching seeing this, those goyim killed 6 gorillian of my people!

7. hey on November 1st, 2017 11:32 am

Dude, this is 4chan. It’s all over the country.

8. oy-vey on November 1st, 2017 11:39 am

SHUT IT DOOWWWWN

9. G on November 1st, 2017 12:23 pm

This “response” to a completely fabricated anti-white attitude couldn’t be more transparent if the posters were made of glass. To what I’m assuming are a handful of insecure perpetrators, I’d say that if you’re going to troll, do it in a way that isn’t so half-assed that people can almost see the 4chan shitpost that inspired you while you were reading /pol/ like the redpilled, enlightened citizen you think you are.

10. krashlia on November 1st, 2017 3:01 pm
  11. Walken on November 2nd, 2017 10:35 am
  12. Adam on November 2nd, 2017 5:29 pm

Nothing compared to blacks getting SHOT for being black…

13. dux on November 2nd, 2017 10:16 pm

we need more of that

14. M on November 3rd, 2017 5:28 pm

“Nothing compared to blacks getting SHOT for being black..”

Shot for simply being black?.. Yeah, can’t be any other cause than that right.. And blacks must really hate their own race then – seeing as most ppl shooting blacks.. are black themselves.

In a single year, more blacks are killed – by other blacks – than were lynched by whites during the entire history of the US…

15. Rusty Shackelford on November 3rd, 2017 12:14 pm

Why would they need to be less obvious if people are going to fall for it anyways?

16. Goyim on November 1st, 2017 1:02 pm

Ohhhhh jeeze. Do they not understand it’s racism to claim that being white is anything less than racism it’s self?

17. Anne Goldstein on November 1st, 2017 1:22 pm

UghhH! On behalf of all sane wh*te people, I apologize for this overt racism!!!

18. Hans Landa on November 1st, 2017 6:40 pm

HEY GUYS, I GOT ONE WHO CLAIMS TO BE WHITE!

19. Rusty Shackelford on November 3rd, 2017 12:19 pm

Yeah, it’s disgusting that the campus doesn’t think the statement “It’s okay to be white.” isn’t an opinion that speaks for them.

20. Daniel on November 1st, 2017 1:34 pm

White people are all racist. You all bathe in privelige and can’t see it. You got wealthy on the backs of slaves, women, and PoC. Go back to Europe if you don’t like diversity, you have a whole continent! Sick of the bigotry on our campus.

21. Genuinely Interested on November 1st, 2017 3:44 pm

Hey Daniel,

This debate is super important, and I’d love to hear more about your perspective on this. When you say white people are all racist, do you mean that literally, or more as a figure of speech? From your perspective, are there any white people who are unprivileged or unracist (not just in the US, but anywhere in the world)?

To me, it seems more complicated. I grew up in a relatively poor community, and there were lots of white people in poverty, and struggling to make ends meet or even to feed their kids healthy foods. When I hear people talk about “all white people” being wealthy and privileged and inherently racist, I guess I just wonder how my old friends and neighbors fit into that picture?

To be clear, I’m not denying that white privilege exists. I’m just saying it seems more complicated than white=privileged and racist, or non-white=unprivileged and tolerant.

22. Stop feeding the trolls on November 2nd, 2017 12:22 am

Quit making it feel like its feeling matter.

23. Anna Goldberg on November 3rd, 2017 10:40 pm

They actually don’t have a continent.

24. A. Wyatt Mann on November 1st, 2017 1:36 pm

>“We have no idea who posted the signs, but that person is obviously not speaking for Tulane University,” Strecker said. “Tulane is firmly committed to diversity and to supporting every member of our community.”

A sign saying “It’s okay to be white” isn’t speaking for a university that is “committed to supporting every member of our community?” Are white people not welcome in that community? Really makes one ponder…

25. Trayvon on November 1st, 2017 3:04 pm

Of course white people are not welcome. They are inherently racist and are contributing to white privilege when having white children. F&&k all white people

26. Abigail Shapiro on November 1st, 2017 1:42 pm

Just wow.
    Bigoted displays like this make me ashamed to be a fellow white.
    #itsnotokaytobewhite

27. Frank L Surprised on November 2nd, 2017 12:07 am

I too am embarassed to be a white cis male. these hooligans can’t keep getting away with it. My wife’s son told me that his friend Sam had a part to play in this: I was literally shaking and all he could do was laugh at me and yell “you’re not my real Dad!!”
    After I stopped crying I tried to ask him through his bedroom door Sam’s last name but he just laughed at me. I lost my temper and hit the door with my left slipper and yelled “You’ve got some hide, young man!! Tell me Sam’s last name right now!!” and he just laughed louder.

I blame Drumpf

28. Zack on November 1st, 2017 1:44 pm

Wow this is disgusting. Please take down the hate speech. It’s definitely NOT ok to be white in 2017!

29. SkippyPodesta on November 1st, 2017 1:46 pm

it’s okay to be white – “person is obviously not speaking for Tulane University”

obviously

30. Michael Goldberg on November 1st, 2017 1:50 pm

As a white man, I can only shake my head at this campaign. Whites are not oppressed. We are not victims of anything. Try to get it through your thick skulls.

31. Johnny Rebel on November 1st, 2017 3:22 pm

(((goldberg)))
    >white
    nice try heeb

32. Carl Marks on November 2nd, 2017 5:18 am

I imagine his ego being footage of the Hindenburg plummeting to Earth in flames.

33. John on November 2nd, 2017 12:24 am

Everyone is a victim of something!

34. Yurdu Imran on November 1st, 2017 1:52 pm

hello i am tulane student and this is very upsettttting!!!!!!! my mom come over here from syria wen i became studen and now we are bein erased by these messsages i am shakking right now esppecinally after the attack we had, may mohammmed (PBUH) bless me with power to overcum this white supremeisy.

-yurdu (sophmore)

35. Javon on November 1st, 2017 3:34 pm

Are you that thick to think you’re being erased in America when minority numbers are skyrocketing here? Victim mentality much? Btw maybe learn to spell a word or two it’ll make your argument at least tolerable to read but I understand it’s cool to be illiterate now too

36. Yurdu Imran on November 2nd, 2017 1:48 pm

shut up

37. Misha Goldberg on November 1st, 2017 2:06 pm

IT’S ANOTHER SHOAH, THEY’RE GONNA PUT US IN OVENS AGAIN.

38. Sasha on November 2nd, 2017 8:39 am

We can only hope.

39. Hans on November 1st, 2017 2:12 pm

Wunderbar!

40. Disappointed on November 1st, 2017 2:18 pm

I can’t believe that in 2017 there still exist ignorant people who think it is okay to be white, It is NOT okay to be white. The very existence of white people is an affirmation and strengthening of white supremacy, patriarchy, and fascistic political regimes. The sooner us people of colour rise up and undermine each and every white being that exists, the sooner a true multiracial communist utopia can be ushered in – FREE of whites. We have nothing to lose but our chains (that the white man put there).

41. Literally on November 1st, 2017 2:30 pm

So Tulane believes its not okay to be white?

42. Tyrel on November 1st, 2017 2:40 pm

It’s not OK to be white, it’s 2017 for god’s sake!

43. Larry Goldstein on November 1st, 2017 2:50 pm

As a white person I am deeply ashamed by the ignorant actions of my fellows. People of color should NOT be met with such racist propaganda in 2017. Less than a year, I might add, after seeing all the progress made by the first African American president of the US torn asunder by an openly racist, misogynist, fascist successor.

Tulane has but one option to correct this injustice: state publically that it is NOT OK to be white and that any student or faculty member who suggest such an abhorrent idea will be terminated from the campus immediately

44. Shlomo Podefiledesta on November 1st, 2017 2:58 pm

As a democrat white man of means (because my evil billionaire father got rich off of the backs of blacks, mexicans and muslims), I sincerely decry my white privilege and will gladly bend over and take in the corn hole (without lube, please) by every PoC.

45. Ben Shapiro on November 1st, 2017 3:00 pm

mfw all the comments are as I expected them to be.

46. Paul on November 1st, 2017 3:08 pm

Uhm I just literally got uhm triggered by this

47. Shlomo Shekelgrabbeinsten on November 1st, 2017 3:10 pm

Oy vey! As a fellow wh*te its not ok to be white! Its antisemitic in nature and it makes me wish for a law suit. #rememberthe6trillions

48. Isaac Goldstein Shekelberg on November 1st, 2017 3:14 pm

DIS IS AN ABSOLUTE HOLOCAUST CLEARLY THE GOYIM HAVEN’T HEARD ABOUT THE 6000000000 BILLION!!!

49. Schlomo Weinberg on November 1st, 2017 3:16 pm

As a fellow white, I am ashamed. It’s not okay to be white. White people are the cause of all evil and I, for one, welcome our melanin-enhanced overlords.

50. Marienane on November 1st, 2017 3:23 pm

The comments discarding this as a “simple troll” are worrying.

This is no “simple troll”, this is an active an national white supremacist coordinated attack on PoC, LGBTQ and anyone who isn’t a strait, white male. The message might seem “banal” to some(the ones blinded by their white privilege”) but saying “It’s okay to be white” is akin to saying “White Lives Matter”, and we all know what that REALLY means and what kind of people use those disgusting, hateful expression. These are expression asserting white supremacy over others.

I’m glad to see that the university responded while also reaffirming their embrace of diversity, but I feel like the response is way too weak. They don’t address the implicit white supremacist message in the posters and what they plan to do in order to assure PoC students feel safe, future diversity programs, etc.

Hope they find the perpetrators of this and that they are accordingly punished. For all the neo-nazis, /pol/ users and white supremacist in this coment section know that every decent human loathes your guts and that you are in the wrong side of history.

51. Adam Goldberg on November 1st, 2017 5:35 pm

I happen to agree, white supremacy has NO place in America and this is a incredibly worrying trend. I certainely hope that the perpertrators are found and expelled — hate has no place in America, and such a message should be sent loud and clear to neonazis.

52. Former Student on November 1st, 2017 11:22 pm

Actually, in a world where there are very real comments coming from POC and the LGBTQ community, I think a lot of people are t taking on this new “white guilt” and it’s going to extremes. It’s anxiety provoking especially for white people who are trying very hard to be aligned with the causes minorities are fighting for. Very often, white people try to be allies of marginalized groups and are kicked out before they can even offer support. They’re told they aren’t good enough, they don’t understand, they’ll never understand. They’re told with utter disdain to “check their privilege” even though many people recognize their privilege and are working to be more fair and understanding.

Do you want support? Do you want change? Do you want unity? Then stop putting people down in the process for just trying to join your cause.

53. Tyrone Williams on November 1st, 2017 3:24 pm

As a African-American student working toward an Astrophysics major, I no longer feel safe at Tulane University.

54. . on November 1st, 2017 4:40 pm

WE

55. Joe on November 2nd, 2017 12:33 am

WUZ

56. Anna Goldberg on November 3rd, 2017 10:42 pm

KANGS

57. Sasha on November 2nd, 2017 8:47 am

You dont feel safe cuz of a piece of paper that has the same message as BLM and the NAACP only about white people? Would you feel scared if the sign said its ok to be black? Should white people be afraid of a sign saying its ok to be black? If you are black you should fear your fellow blacks since that is who is responsible for 97% of murders in st louis and 70% in chicago. That doesnt concern you but a piece of paper does? You are a pussy. Grown adults feel unsafe due to a piecce of paper saying its okay to be white. And by the way…ITS OKAY TO BE WHITE!

58. Tulane Administration on November 1st, 2017 3:28 pm

We support every member of our community and lead the way in being a progressive and forward-thinking University. As such, any and all future displays that imply whites are allowed to breathe air will be met with our utmost investigation and force. This obviously flies in the face of the multi-generational white guilt we have been trying to market as “normal” over the past few decades and we will not allow disruptive, racist, and bigoted messages like “White People Are Allowed to Exist” to appear on our campus in the future. Thank you for cooperation and keep shipping us those shekels please.

59. Schlomo Weinberg on November 1st, 2017 3:31 pm

Whites should be made to publicly apologize for this transgression. Being white is not alright.

60. Schlomo Weinberg on November 1st, 2017 3:31 pm

61. Tyrone on November 1st, 2017 3:32 pm

Hol up!! Who do dase white folk thenk dey ar goen around our school hear spreadeng diz hate speech? Tay tryeng ta take us back ta da old dayz when us ppl of color were ohpresed!

62. Schlomo Weinberg on November 1st, 2017 3:32 pm

Racist moderator don’t want to hear the truth about whitey’s and their evil.

63. Jim Schnidleberg on November 1st, 2017 3:34 pm

Saying it’s ok to be white is marginalizing other races. It’s always ok to be white because whites have never suffered in America like Jews and people of color have. It’s not ok to be white because you are essentially saying that other races don’t matter. Over 6 million Jews were murdered by whites in Europe and whites in America still treat us like second class citizens. We have united with people of color and are firm in saying that it is never ok to be white.

64. Nanashi on November 1st, 2017 3:49 pm

Reverse racism is still racism. Whites need to be treated as an equal to any other people in the society. As a non-white Christian man, we need to spread compassion without the government forcefully enacting it through affirmative action.

65. Taylor Swift (no relation) on November 1st, 2017 3:51 pm

Holy shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I’m so distressed right now I don’t know what to do. I didn’t mean to do that to my mom but I’m literally in shock from these flyers. I feel like I’m going to explode. Why the fucking fuck are they posting this? This can’t be happening. I’m having a fucking breakdown. I don’t want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Bernie to be president and fix this broken country. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn’t supposed to be like this, I thought everyone knew white people are all racists???? This is so fucked.

66. Joe on November 2nd, 2017 12:36 am

All I wanted was a Pepsi. JUST ONE PEPSI.

67. OMG on November 1st, 2017 3:53 pm

It’s a tremendous relief that the University has spoken clearly, unequivocally, and most important, officially that it’s not the position of Tulane that “it’s okay to be White”.

68. Benjamin Rothsman on November 1st, 2017 4:02 pm

This is how it all starts – just rip them down and stay vigilant, we can’t let this sort of hatred have a place in our communities. I’m sure there is security footage, I really hope you’ve caught the bastards who defiled the campus with this violent speech.

69. Sasha on November 2nd, 2017 8:54 am

Even if you did know who put them up and God bless that individual…what crime has been committed? Im putting up 100 today in my city and i already graduated. They cant revoke my degrees so tell me…what crime could i possibly be charged with? None. Ill still be walking around a free woman tomorrow with another 100 in hand with 8 other people with their own 100 copies. We will put up 5 for every one you tear down. Following us around for an hour each morning will for sure help Miss taylor swift (no relatiion) get in some of that much needed excersize. Lets roll!

70. Colonel Ungrich Chaddington Kaden on November 1st, 2017 4:04 pm

I will be removing my wife’s daughter from this school immediately, it’s very clear your school does not think it’s alright to be white. That’s blatant racism.

71. Aaron Feinberg on November 1st, 2017 4:27 pm

This reminds me of what my great grandfather had told me was happening in Germany when he was young…
    we cannot let whites become proud like the Nazis did!

72. When is it ok to be white on November 1st, 2017 4:38 pm

Could the signs stay up and stay in compliance with Tulane policies and guidelines if they were changes to say “It’s OK to be White Off Campus?”

73. Avraham Goldblat Fuckinggoyimberg on November 1st, 2017 4:49 pm

White male here. All white people should kill themselves immediately; donating all their available funds to either Israel or the NAACP.

G-d bless Israel!!! GIVE US MONEY!!!!!!!!

74. gOyEM=Bad on November 1st, 2017 4:58 pm

XHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH tHE GOYEM ARE RACIST cis Xhwite Men!!!! FIRST IT WAS THE NAZIS AND NOW THIS!?!?!?!?! ####6xhtrillions $$

75. Asianhere on November 1st, 2017 4:58 pm

Disgusting

76. Carmi Weinberger on November 1st, 2017 5:20 pm

We need to set up cameras on campus to catch the racists spreading this hate-propaganda before it gets out of hand.

There is no excuse for this sort of behavior. If we are too timid to call out hate-speech when we see it, the situation will only get worse. We live in troubled times.

77. Tulane Student on November 1st, 2017 5:32 pm

So just to clarify, all white people should be ashamed of the fact that they are white?

78. Adam Goldberg on November 1st, 2017 5:32 pm

As a fellow white man, i am absolutely appaled at this blatant display of hate masquarading as a safe and unoffensive one. As a community, we should be ashamed of ourselves and commit ourselves to maintaining our multicultural society.

79. Jason Ollar on November 2nd, 2017 10:18 am

(((Hello fellow white people)))

80. David Silverstein on November 1st, 2017 5:43 pm

As a white male I am utterly appalled and disgusted that my fellow whites are putting up these hateful and bigoted Messages to the world. WAKE UP PEOPLE ITS 2017, BEING WHITE IS INHERENTLY RACIST TOWARDS POOR OPRESSED PEOPLE LIKE BLACKS AND REFUGEES!!!

81. Bill S on November 1st, 2017 6:40 pm

Here’s where this all came from.

https://8ch.net/pol/res/10832665

8chan.net/pol/ is the most racist site on the net.

82. Ari Sandberg on November 1st, 2017 6:58 pm

Absolutely terrible, such a shame this is going on in our community. White people really need to get our acts together.

83. Oliver Cuckington on November 1st, 2017 7:54 pm

I’m shaking. It’s literally 2017! There’s no way pro-white racism (the only kind) should be tolerated.

84. Sasha on November 2nd, 2017 8:55 am

Pro black or anti white racism is acceptable though?

85. Adam on November 2nd, 2017 5:27 pm

Yes if you study history and the power structure youd understand

Its a reaction to the mistreatment of minorities by the white man

86. Trinity555 on November 1st, 2017 10:07 pm

Are these comments for real? What planet are you guys from? It’s ok to be black, it’s ok to be hispanic, it’s ok to be asian, it’s ok to be white.

I’m astounded by the profound lack of mental and logical fortitude you clowns are displaying. You are all blue-haired cartoon characters who are being indoctrinated by emotional babble, then slapped with a $100,000 school loan debt.

If it wasn’t so tragic, it would be hilarious.

87. Adam on November 2nd, 2017 2:36 am

educate yourself bigot

you dont see oppression and privilege goin on in america against minorities every day

white people benefit from a racist patriarchal system that is designed to help them succeed and keep others DOWN

research what the police are doing to black communities and the CIA crack epidemic

88. Amman Cohen on November 2nd, 2017 10:29 am

Listen here shiksa, being huwhite is an act of violence in itself towards peaceful POC. If you don’t see that maybe you need to take a serious look at your own up bringing and privilege. As a hwite man myself I know my original sin.

89. Carmi Weinberger on November 2nd, 2017 10:38 am

How can you be so blind? How can you not see the systemic racism in our society today, a racism that is exclusively perpetuated by whites?

Don’t tell me these are just some innocent fliers. The white supremacist racists who put up these signs know exactly what they’re doing.

As a white male myself, I’m being totally honest when I say that whites are inherently racist. It’s that simple.

90. BR_LA on November 1st, 2017 11:18 pm

Shame on you Tulane. The word (((obviously))) in your incompetent spokespersons message showed your hand.

Reviewing security footage for this?!?! Do you get all Barney Fife for every poster on campus, or just those that don’t originate from far-left groups? I’m going to make a visit, walk around and take a look at the types of flyers you DO let stay up. I’ll post pics for you on your twitter feed.

91. Samual Hyde on November 1st, 2017 11:58 pm

OK, everyone calm down. The original statement this came from was “It’s okay to be black”, all I did was switch ONE WORD. I only posted these to show the hypocrisy that’s going on around us, and that people really need to calm down.

92. Pinky Out on November 2nd, 2017 12:30 am

I must say as a white male I found this troubling while on vacation, I will continue to express my outrage via social media. I feel this does enough so I don’t actually have to do anything… that seems so… boring. Regards.

93. WhiteMaleGentile on November 2nd, 2017 4:10 pm

I am outraged by the low levels of outrage you are showing. I speak for all White people as a White Male and a Gentile, this is outrageous. I will be sure to bring this up at the White people board meeting, following the cocktail reception. I just hope Carol doesn’t bring up that damn barking dog thing and derail the meeting. Maybe we might have time to vote on it and change the Cabal’s by-laws. Maybe Tanner won’t screw up the meeting minutes and send them out this time because obviously someone didn’t get the memo. I just hope they have a new Valet, that kid left a finger print on the burl dashboard. Crap look at the time, I have to go pick out new sheets with Martha, the bespoke sheets ordered last month came in and they are certainly not the right thread count.

94. Deandre Parker on November 2nd, 2017 3:00 am

Evil albanoid devils need to take they ass back to they cave and stop perpetrating violence on POC with signs n shit.

White pipo all up in these comments salty AF be smelling like wet dog and mayo. FOH cave beasts and take your racist cracker asses back to europe America is our country now.

95. Walken on November 2nd, 2017 10:26 am

White privilege doesn’t exist and the majority of whites in America will never believe it does, especially if you keep shaming and mocking our opinions. This BS is going to cost you the next election too. Grind those teeth to powder.

96. Hector Levine on November 2nd, 2017 11:09 am

After reading what current Tulane students have posted above about this incident, and issue, I have decided not to appear at this Friday’s Tulane Takeover New York 2017 event. Why should I take a day off from my office to provide career advice or think of hiring someone who sounds like that hate me just based upon the fact of my skin tone.

97. tyrone Watermelondrayvious on November 2nd, 2017 1:58 pm

this be disgusting. I finna finish my Monarchy Studies degree at a university wifout no racis ass wypipo

98. Adam on November 2nd, 2017 5:30 pm

Disgusting racist comments in this comment chain by trolls. Sickening. If this is the student population at Tulane, I may be forced to take my brain elsewhere.

99. Hannah on November 3rd, 2017 9:56 am

The signs aren’t upsetting because people believe it’s *not* okay to be white, they’re upsetting because they completely wash over struggles that PoC have had to deal with for centuries. Nobody has ever doubted the fact that it’s okay to be white. All of our institutions were built on whiteness, and white people benefit from them every day. It’s okay to be white, but the world doesn’t need a reminder of that. Posting these signs on the windows of multicultural organizations tells marginalized people that we (whites) are too fragile to understand or value the fight for equity and inclusion.

It’s idiotic to say that Tulane doesn’t support white people because they are taking the signs down; Tulane has supported white people almost exclusively in their 183 years. Tulane supports white people by creating spaces that are dominated by white people, administrations that are run only by white people, and hiring an overwhelming majority of white professors. Tulane has also kept down PoC by not valuing their support staff on campus (mostly people of color), consistently under-promoting and under-hiring professors of color, and continuing to benefit from an institution founded on slavery.

This campus doesn’t need another reminder that it’s okay to be white, we are reminded of that every day. Instead, let’s look at why these 4chan “politically incorrect” trolls think it’s not okay to be anything but white.

100. Seth David Fineberg on November 4th, 2017 12:24 am

This gal gets it.

We white people are too privileged, too insular…oy vey! too dumb even.

101. M on November 3rd, 2017 5:22 pm

Tulane University obviously does not believe it’s okay to be white… If the posters had read “it’s okay to be black” or “it’s okay to be gay” etc.. there would have been no outrage. We can see yet again that being anti-white is the order of the day so to speak.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.