Classes are out, but Office Hours is in session

Deeya Patel | Senior Staff Photographer

Member of comedy group Office Hours rehearses a sketch for their performances later this week.

Haley Soares, Arcade Editor

Office Hours, Tulane University’s sketch comedy group, graces the stage once again this upcoming weekend with their show entitled “Shrimp N’ Fitts.” 

Having recently rebranded, this is the group’s first solo show under the name “Office Hours,” but you may recognize them by their former name, “Cat Mafia.” The group renamed themselves earlier this semester, giving themselves a new look on campus. 

Office Hours made the announcement of their rebranding at their last show, where they performed alongside other campus comedy groups at the TU Comedy Showcase event in early November. Some students have been slow to make the switch, still referring to the group by their previous name. 

The shows, of which there are four this weekend, each last about an hour and feature several rehearsed sketches. The student comedians plan and rehearse these skits weeks in advance, ensuring that they are prepared to impress the audience. 

The group’s comedy ranges in style, showcasing the comedic range of the group and the students within. This also ensures a good time for any audience member, regardless of their sense of humor. Overall, though, the group tends to play to their demographic of a predominantly college-student-filled audience. 

Shows for this on-campus group are often packed, with students flocking to see the comedians before heading out for the night. Make sure to reserve your tickets in advance to ensure a seat.

Don’t miss out on the last show of the semester! The shows will take place in Lab Theater in McWilliams Hall this Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Some tickets will be available at the door.