How to keep up with Tulane athletics

Josh Jessiman

There are several ways for students to keep up with Tulane athletics.

Harrison Simon, Sports Editor

As the calendar turns to February, Tulane’s sports teams continue to push onward in the most turbulent sports season in recent memory. Although football season is over, there are several teams for Tulanians to keep an eye out for. We’ll show you how you can stay up to date on all happenings for Green Wave athletics while in-person attendance is disallowed due to the pandemic.

Both the men’s and women’s basketball teams have had promising starts to the season. The men’s team, one of the youngest in the nation, have vaulted themselves up from 11th and last place in the American Athletic Conference rankings up to eighth. With a 7-5 record (2-5 in conference play), the team has 11 games left on its schedule before tournament play tips off. With the exception of the Feb. 26 game against the University of Cincinnati Bearcats, every remaining game can be watched on ESPN+, with the Feb. 20 and March 6 matchups versus the University of Central Florida Golden Knights and University of South Florida Bulls, respectively, on ESPNU. Keep an eye on Ron Hunter’s men as they look to build momentum heading into March.

The women’s team, with a record of 11-5 (7-4 in conference play), currently sits third in the conference, only behind USF and UCF. The Olive and Blue are also riding a three-game winning streak as they head into a jam-packed week featuring three games in seven days. This stretch kicks off with a matchup against Cincinnati on ESPN+, and caps off with a rematch against the Wichita State University Shockers on Feb. 13. After the Feb. 7 matchup against Cincinnati, the rest of the team’s games can be heard on WRBH 88.3 FM. The team is looking to catch UCF and USF in the standings before the conference tournament kicks off on March 8.

After questions over if the NCAA baseball season would proceed, the Green Wave announced its 56-game schedule last Friday, Jan. 28. The team kicks off its season with a three-game series at Turchin Stadium against the University of Louisiana at Lafayette Ragin’ Cajuns, which will be followed by a home game against the University of New Orleans before the team heads to Starkville, Mississippi, for a three-game series versus the Mississippi State University Bulldogs. The team, which was ranked as high as number 20 in the country last season, will hope to build off of this success and make it to the College World Series for just the third time in team history. Select games will be televised on ESPN+, while the rest of the team’s games can be heard on WRBH 88.3 FM

Social Media

Don’t feel like sitting down for a whole game? No problem! Keep with all Tulane teams by following @tulanegreenwave and team-specific accounts such as @greenwavembb, @greenwavembb on Instagram and Twitter. For a different perspective, try following @FearTheWaveBlog, an account that blogs about all things Tulane. This account live-tweets and recaps games, discusses the latest development in recruiting, and talks all things New Orleans as well.

There are plenty of ways to stay up to date on Tulane athletics, so make sure you cheer on the Olive and Blue whenever possible!