Weekly crime report

Zachary Schultz, Breaking News Editor

On Sept. 17 at 2:24 p.m., Tulane University Police Department responded to a report of obscenity on Broadway Street. The reporting individual stated that while on a walk she noticed a male sitting upright in a black SUV masturbating in clear view of her. The woman described the subject as a Black male with shoulder-length dreadlocks.

On Sept. 18 at 1:24 p.m., TUPD responded to a reported theft of items in a Tulane University student’s dorm room which was discovered following Hurricane Ida. The student stated that his class ring and wristwatch were missing and that the box containing those items was not in the same location as he had left it. TUPD is investigating the contractors who entered the room for cleaning during the evacuation. 

On Sept. 18 at 11:48 p.m., TUPD officers responded to a reported altercation involving Tulane students on Audubon Boulevard. They met with the victims who related that, while walking in the area, a group of five or six high school students engaged them in a verbal argument. The suspects then related their intention to fight and struck the victims with their fists before fleeing the scene in a pick up truck.

On Sept. 18 at 11:59 p.m., TUPD responded to a report of Tulane students operating a Kawasaki all-terrain vehicle rented by the university. The students were operating the vehicle near the Boot Bar and Grill. The ATV was discovered abandoned on university property. 

On Sept. 20 at 3:20 a.m., TUPD responded to a report of a subject trespassing. The reporting person and the victim stated that an unknown male who appeared to be intoxicated was wandering around their front yard. The male proceeded to the rear door of their residence, knocked and said, “I am Pablo I want to meet you.” The reporting person asked the subject to leave, and he walked away. While on scene, the subject exited from an adjacent house and was detained. Officers ascertained the subject was a student who was cooperative and apologetic. The reporting person and victim stated they did not wish to pursue charges.